Historical Calendar - May 1st
- 1974 - Studio One opens in Hollywood.
- 1974 - Gay activists march in Portugal, for the first time, demanding an end to the country's sodomy laws and a repeal of all statutes that discriminate against gays and lesbians.
- 1975 - Maine Legislators decriminalize homosexuality between consenting adults in private by repealing its sodomy laws, and lower the age of consent to 14.
- 1975 - Published reports confirm that Paul Newman is having financing trouble with his attempt to bring The Front Runner to screen. Newman eventually allows his option to lapse.
- 1976 - Christopher Street magazine debuts.
- 1977 - Wyoming decriminalizes private consensual adult homosexual acts.
- 1982 - Scientific American publishes an ad from the Lesbian and Gay Associated Engineers and Scientists. Science News refuses to run the ad.
- 1984 - Advocate Men magazine debuts.
- 1986 - Lesbian Ann Bancroft becomes the first woman to reach the North Pole by dogsled. The trip, which started from Ellesmere Island, took her two months.
Contribute to G/L Issues
to help with our expenses